Winter in Northern Ontario
BRRRRRRRRRH
It's COLD!!!!!!
When you are from the warmer climates and have lived there all your life, the highest level of cold you would have experienced would be 18 degrees centigrade. You would never be able to imagine the gravity of cold abroad from word of mouth.
The freezer is set at -18 degrees centigrade at the top and you cannot have your hands in it for more than five minutes, then you travel to a region whose temperature is between -15 to -35. Can you imagine that? And you are supposed to go out to do your daily demands.
Omo, them no explain am very well for me o. (I wasn't well informed).
I arrived at Thunder Bay airport some minutes before 12 midnight. It was January, the middle of winter. The shock I had when the airport door opened for me to step out and get my taxi. WHAT?!!!! I wanted to run back inside. I was smacked. It wasn't normal. It was terrifying. I was scared. My skin was bitten. I was confused. It was midnight. What if there are no more taxis? What happens if the friend who's receiving me falls asleep? Where do I go? What do I do?e No one could survive in this cold for 30 minutes without freezing to death. I was very horrified. I prayed.
Snow day, dark and gloomy. It does look beautiful but the gloominess it comes with can cause depression.
Prayers are up. This will be me with my significant other the next winter. Amen!





Maybe if we had loved ones close to us. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad. Just maybe.
ReplyDeleteCome take me along ID
ReplyDeleteLol, pack your bags.
DeleteI long to have this experience. Only seen snow in movies. Hope to experience it soonest😅😅😅😅😅
ReplyDeleteYou definitely will. Trust me.
DeleteThe first few weeks can be really tough but as time goes on, our body acclimatizes.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely true.
Delete