Life as a teacher
Truth be told, I began to teach by chance, not by will. ''Do not despise the days of your little beginnings'' they say. An absolute truth.
The job of a teacher is a difficult one. You have to be responsible for children's well-being while they are in school. It's more like parenting children who aren't yours. If you are irresponsible, please do not think about it. It takes a sane and positive-minded person to do this job. Sometimes it gets crazy, but you must be the superhero and save every situation.
As a teacher, you are a role model, a leader, an instructor, a councillor, a parent, a friend, a guardian, name it, you are everything to these children. You are responsible for how they behave and who they become by the time they leave your class. We create a lasting bond with these children and their parents. Some of us still have connections with the children we taught way back 8-10 years ago. Why? The memories, the bond, the trust we built.
Now, I am a student but I was Teacher Idongest for 10 years. 😊
Mr Fidelis MakunduPrincipal of Starville school. I owe him a lot for the support and motivation he gave me. Most of my successes were from his words of encouragement.
Thank you, Mr Makundu.
Primary 5 class of 2022 with my TA, Ms Joyce
They love to write on small boards.
Testing materials during Science class
Queer Week: Creating awareness of the importance of accepting everyone's uniqueness.
Arts Class
This teacher loves her selfies. 😀
This picture means a lot to me. 2015, when I started a new job at the second school I taught until the end of 2022.
This was the first school I worked at. On this day, I took the children on an excursion to a school fair.















Comments
Post a Comment