CANADA - Living the Experience

Hi SeeThru-ers,

In Canada, What Next?

Food Problems

Moving to a new country is overwhelmingly exciting because we tend to expect everything to work like magic or like it does in storybooks, but reality always hits differently. No one told me I would starve in my first few days, and eat snacks as food (the idea of food where I come from is heavy carbs; an actually cooked food). Eating pizza, burgers, doughnuts etc., and drinking coffee, juices etc are more of snacking foods, not full-course meals. 

For a starving person like I was to make do with these for food was really difficult. I starved. 😕😔


I bought this at the airport after starving for 7 hours. I got it from the show counters. Unknown to me, it was cold. The disappointment I had when I realise I was supposed to request a hot one instead. This one was a take-home plate. I ate it cold anyway. I did not have many choices.😓😓😓


Tim Hortons doesn't disappoint though, but I WANTED A WHOLE MEAL!!!!😋😑😑


On this day, my friends who arrived before me brought me some food. I was so happy to get an actual rice meal. 

Bus Routes 

I would like to hear from other international students, about how they coped with bus transit. Using the bus can be very frustrating, no wonder one can't get certain jobs unless they can drive and have their own car.

It's not enough that you have to learn how to find the buses, the bus numbers and the routes they ply, you also have to make sure you do not miss them because if you do, you are one hour or later for your appointment. How about the fact that you do not know the bus stops. Someone once told me, ''You can never know the road until you can get lost.'' No better truth, because for the roads and buses I know now, I had gotten lost at least a couple of times. Sadly, no one gives anyone a lift here. I remember being stranded one cold morning in the middle of nowhere. There was no one walking on the street. It was just me in the cold and I hoped that one driver would stop and render help. No one did, even if you flagged them down, they don't stop. I had a really bitter experience. My hands, feet and face were numb. I was practically scared of freezing to death. 




Bus ride with my friends.










There's food at almost every gathering.


Comments

Post a Comment